Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Days 8,9,10

Why hello all!

So I just wanted to inform you that I talked with Sandra about a homestay and she said I could! In fact, I will be going to one who supposedly is super awesome. One of my newfound friends had her and said that her homestay was the best part of this experience.
I move Sunday, so i'll be there for two weeks. Unfortunately, that means no wifi :( Oh well, I am here to improve my Spanish, not my typing speed.

On other news, classes are going well although I missed all four today. I was completely and utterly sick. YUCK! Plantains are so much worse than bananas (i'm alergic to bananas) and I spent most the day sleeping/sick. I'm FINALLY starting to feel better.

On a better not, I received two things for my transfer leadership council. One being an email verfifying my attendance at the leadership retreat this August. After quickly replying I would be there the magical person on the other side of the computer said she would send me more information about where/when/what later.
I am SUPER excited! I remember attending the leadership retreat for OCCC and well, that was the start of my networking maddness. I absolutely loved every moment and meeting all the wonderful people, many of whom I am now good friends with.

As for the other thing, my parents skyped me and said I recieved a letter from Rep. Colby Swartz congratulating me on being accepted into the Leadership Council. I know those are generic (because every time I make a paper he sends me one) but it is still nifty he sends those. As an updated edit...I was in the paper, The Edmond Sun! I would paste the link but Blogger does not allow copy/pastes. Not even the shortcut ways that programmers use...grrrr. I found it by googling it though :)



So for these days where I really didn't do much, I think I will give tips for future CR travlers.

Tip 1: Bring an umbrella.
Tip 2: Even if you don't drink, go out! You will meet a lot of students and learn more about them when you are in a different atmosphere.
Tip 3: Don't go to the store and only by food you recognize from home. How can you experience the CR food if you constantly by food that you can by at home?

2 comments:

  1. Awesome about the homestay. So I guess you will go there Sunday. I will miss the messaging and Skype, but that's OK. We will catch up later.

    Glad to hear you're feeling better. I google'd plantains. They were cooked, right?

    Good tips...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you madre. And yep, I have guachipellin saturday and I move sunday. I'll only have internet at school, so until like 5pm every day..which is your 6pm. You should teach dad how to skype so when hese bored at home he can see if I am on or not. :)

    And yes they were cooked, I thought they were potatoes but then I didn't know what they were. Besides the after results, they are REALLY good!

    ReplyDelete