Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day 5 - Going Out

So today I met some new people.

First a group of people that are all siblings. We wen't to the store and got some groceries. They told me about the smoothy stand that will give you fresh fruit as part of a fruit salad. Which, was AMAZING. Frest strawberries and pineapple, life couldn't be better. That and I realized that I am a lot like the girls, which was nice. They also told me about homestays and recommended I switch. Guess I need to talk with Sandra Monday.

When we came back the Wed. salsa lessons were being held. Apparently they were a no-go yesterday. I am not the greatest at salsa, but it is a lot of fun!

Heres a pic of Andy and one of the girls salsa dancing.

Today was a great day. Just like back home in College. The more things your involved in, the more people you will meet and bond with. One way to accoomplish this is going out at night.

Tonight we went out to several places. First to Beach Access (pictured below,) then stopped by another place to say hi. After that we went to the VooDoo lounge where the music was definately ment for the tourists.

At VooDoo there was fire dancer there trying to get some money, it was EXTREMELY cool...or I guess hot. I have a video, but Blogger is killing me because it will not let me upload videos. :( I'll have to figure out another method a bit later.


We started to go to Pacifico but decided to return to the VooDoo. It was a ton of fun.

Granted, a group of us only stayed till a little after midnight. When you have class the next day, that really is the way to go because you can always go out another night and stay as late as you want then.

The walk home was great too. I'm not sure why the adventure of going to a place or returning is always so fun with me..but it is :) Between Stephanie nearly loosing her shoe and then myself nearly loosing the battle of my shoe vs. the mud I was stuck in, it was a fun way home. I won by the way.

Also there were a couple guys guiding our way, at the begining, with flashlights. When I got stuck I was telling Stephanie to stop and help me. Well..the flashlight guys started to come, thinking I was hurt. It was incredibly funny. Luckily I found my shoe and quickly walked away. :)


Accomplishment Day 5: Experiencing the night life.







2 comments:

  1. I do love how your outings turn into such "fun adventures" and I'm glad you're using the "buddy system". (Once a mom, always a mom). Saw your pic of the fire dancer, and look forward to seeing the video. We just may have to have "movie night" when you return.
    Your "getting stuck" reminds me a bit of my "getting sick" in Kauai. (remember when I did not want a car to pull over and offer help). Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh mom, everything I do is andventure. It keeps life fun and interesting!

    Haha, I so remember that. I still feel bad for you when I think of that.

    ReplyDelete