Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 14 - WOW

Words cannot possibly describe how amazing day 14 was. So why don't I show you some of it (backwards)...

This is the canopy (or zipline.) There were SEVERAL of these where we were at. And the best part was that it seemed like we were in some secret world. I felt like maybe I had just found the lost world.
Anywho there were straight accross, tarzan, rapel, free fall and monky crawl ziplines. It was SPECTACULAR.

This would be the river rafting we did. The water was FREEZING but so well worth it. Also the rapids were actually very strong but on those I didn't want to loose my camera so I packed it away inbetween calm waters.



Well after we road horses to this secret waterfall we enjoyed the freezing water and very strong currents. Although cold, it was very exciting. Okay..I do want to offer one bit of advice; DONT JUMP OFF THE WATERFALL!!!



So yes, Guachipelin is definately my favorite excursion so far.
Some people prefer to go to the national park and look at all the animals and plants but personally I prefer to be out there and active.
That is why this excursion was perfect. It was one very long and exciting day of horseback riding, swimming at a waterfall, tubing on the rapids, a buffet lunch, a large canopy (which they let me go upside down on for many of the lines) and the hot springs.
Did I mention the hot springs included a sauna, mud bath and hot springs? Yes, we painted mud on ourselves. In the end we actually all shined with a newfound tan!
FYI, tomorrow I move into my host familie's house! :)

Accomplishment day 14: Trying more than one thing I have never done before.

4 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Great day 14. I love the jungle look of the zip line pic. I bet you were exhausted after such a full day. I'm also glad you got that waterproof camera, so you can take some awesome pics.

    Dad and I talk about your adventures and we are sooo happy for you... So, do tell, how was that sauna, mud bath hot springs thing?

    You'll have to put something on your blog about your host family. We're all curious.

    BTW, I find myself checking your blog out just to read the "accomplishment"... They make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks mom! Yes the whole zipline thing was just amazing because both the fun and also the beauty. It was spectacular. I am so glad I ended up with the waterproof camera ESPECIALLY since it rains almost every day.

    Thanks you too! This trip has been an amazing experience. I m starting to think I would like to become a world traveler. Starting summer 2012, when I graduate from UCO! :)
    The sauna and mudbath thing was akward yet very fun. Well to be honest the sauna stung from me getting hurt but once that subsided it was great. :)

    Oh, I know. Internet is just slow for uploading blogs so it is hard to do when your time is limited by so many activites.

    Lol, you would! But hey, whats life without edifying yourself and others for the feats you and others accomplish?

    Hey mom, guess what? Like 11 days till you get your girly back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you just enjoy those 11 days to the FULLEST!!!! And I know YOU WILL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this blog! I'm so jealous you did all of those things in one day- crazy busy! I can't wait to see ALL of the pictures!!!!

    ReplyDelete