Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day 16/17/18 - School and Erika

School is going great, the German Baker is still delicious and Erika insurance is a definate must.

What is Erika insurance that I speak of? If you happen to study abroad it "pays" for any medical expenses. However, the one downside is you must pay upfront and there is no telling how much it will cost you.

For instance Andy got clipped by a surfboard and required stitches. Erika will pay Andy back for the medical expenses.

Here is a lovely pic of Andy and a guy from the pharmacy telling him that Andy needs to see a doctor to get stitches. Yay Andy!

This weekend I will be going with a small group to the Sean Paul concert. I am EXTREMELY excited not to see someone who speaks English but to be there during a huge festival.
There will be a large number of tico singers and dancers performing along with all the "usual" festival activities.
I am not sure what all we all will be occuring but I know the festivities are from 4 p.m. Saturday until 6 a.m. Sunday. This will be a VERY long day where I hopefully will truely experience the Costa Rican life.

Tip 6: Bring less clothes and more evening activities (cards, books, ect.)
Tip 7: Ask a million questions to everyone, not just your teachers.
Tip 8: Learn a few sayings before you arrive. Such as "no se" and "no comprende." The first meaning you just don't know and the second being you don't understand. These are very helpful tools in class. If you don't understand, your teacher will help you.

2 comments:

  1. I'm eating breakfast right now, and imagining that my shredded wheat is a freshly made flaky croissant. I think it's neat that the baker comes to the school twice a week.

    Poor Andy. How many stitches did he need? Is he feeling better now? I know insurance seems like a waste, but it's always a good idea. Glad you weren't hurt though. Hey, while you were at the doctors, did you get yourself checked out or get your butt x-ray'd? (I already know the answer to that).

    Have a wonderful time at the festival and concert!!!

    Less clothes, really? I can't believe that you fit a months worth of stuff into one suitcase. It's most impressive.

    Thanks for the updates...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, well I hope it tastes as good or better than your imagination.

    I think 12 alltogether. It was like 9 on top and 3 underneath. He feel fine just a lil sore. Oh I didn't go surfing that day. And if you know the answer, why ask the question? I didn't go with him to the doc only the pharmacy guy and you have to pay with cash upfront not even card. So, its plum ridiculous because you have no idea how much it will be.

    Oh I will!

    Yes, less clothes. When you wash your clothes every week you can deal with less tank tops/tshirts.


    Your welcome madre, I miss you!

    ReplyDelete