Saturday, July 10, 2010

Day 7 - Surfing

First off I made a video, but I give up on it loading. "Happy bday to you, happy bday to you, happy bday dear crazy clutzy silly niece of mine Caitie-did, happy bday to you!"

So today I surfed. Well I actually fell a lot but I did surf! Mellissa, Stephanie and myself took a lesson from a guy named, Johnathon. He is a friend of one of the students. This surfer lives in Costa Rica and I beleive works at the Restraunt FT's.

So if anyone is reading this that will attend EF Tamarindo, go to the restraunt by Kelly's Suf Shop and ask for Johnathan. He is hard to miss because his sunscreen is blue and he covers his face with it. He only charges $25 for about a 2 hour lesson. That is the cheapest price you will find anywhere.



I just wanted to post this because it was on a windowsill and pretty. :)



Accomplishment Day 7: Surfing a Costa Rican wave!

6 comments:

  1. That sounds awesome!! I wish Oklahoma had an ocean...but yeah I can't wait to hear some of the stories you have to tell, that's impressive that you were surfing after one day of lessons haha. Very nice! Love that smile too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Oh wow, between your TX internship and my study abroad, we are going to have a million stories!

    As for the surfing, it was harder than I thought. I think it is because the waves are MUCH different here than in Hawaii (where I must say I got up my first try.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catie: thank you! for singing me the birthday song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love you auntie jenn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Looks like fun, and I agree on the pretty butterfly. BTW, Catie DID type all her words herself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, i LOVE it! Thanks 'did! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang ten babe!!! Hope you get a chance to to surf some more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH I will most deff. surf more! Or I should say, attempt more..lol :)

    ReplyDelete