Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 2 - Orientation/Beach

My Norwegan (sp?) roommate showed my Austrian roommate and myself the shortcut to one of the supermarkets. It wasn't open yet...although we walked in and started grabbing things because it looked kind of open. Luckily, their nice and let us put it back. We walked across the street instead to a small stand (Tamarindo is covered in stands) and I ordered in ESPANOL.

Orientation was today there are like 16 or so that just began. We learned a bit about the school and also the area but I think the coolest part was that about four of us formed a little group. Mellisa, Stephanie (Austrian roommate), Andy and myself. We kind of hang out everywhere together now. It's awesome! From the beach to the stores to ordering smoothies and whatever it was I had in Spanish..i'm lovin' it. Now if we could all just be on the same schedule so we could do the activities and trips together.


So from what Mellisa and Stephanie said, it looks like I tested into Intermediate Spanish; group B. It goes A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2. The final one is when most people take the Cambridge test, they said. So I am either 2 or 3 away from mastery. SWEETNESS! With this course I am supposed to advance a level every 4 weeks. Guess how long i'm staying FOUR WEEKS! :)


After making dinner with Stephanie, i'm just tired...this blog takes FOREVER to load and classes begin tomorrow at 8am. I have four 80minute classes...IKES!


Pic of the day is me at the beach before we went shopping.



Accomplishment Day 2: Make new friends.

1 comment:

  1. wow...I still can't get over FOUR EIGHTY minute classes in one day... insane haha. But, you are the type of person who can take that on! :) You look amazing in your photos and so happy! I'm glad you're soaking it all in, congrats girl!

    ReplyDelete