Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 1 - The Flight

FYI..this was my first flight alone and first time flying out of the country.
If you are traveling to another country you might want to know a few things.


  1. First, bring a pen. Not a pencil not a sharpie - a pen. Why? Because they WILL wake you and you WILL fill out paperwork.
  2. If it is free TAKE IT. Sidenote, when in doubt..ask! Example, the Continental Airlines snack is actually a meal - breakfast to be exact. Here is mine ---------------------------------->
  3. Costa Rica does not observe daylight savings time. Therefor they are not always central standard time. I am actually one hour earlier than my peeps in OK.
  4. Lastly, the double yellow lines and most all driving rules in CR are just optional. Feel free to pass people on bikes, a dozen random dogs, another dozen cows and more via driving into the other lane with oncomming traffic. (I think my driving would make me look like a local.)

Here are some pics...





The first is me on the plane to Liberia, CR.



The next would be one of the many coasts you see flying into Liberia.
The third is a person from my school, EF, waiting for me.
The last is my view from my balcony.
Notice the green. Yes..my favorite color is EVERYWHERE!!! Along with monkeys, mosquitoes and iguanas.

Well not too long after arriving me and one of my roommates (from Austria), who also flew into Liberia at the same time, went for a walk. We saw the shops, the beach and cows. (Take a second note of cows to hint that CR has more cows than OK.)


What's not pictured is the cookout the students came together and made for the 4th of July. It was so weird that we had to explain what the Star Spangled Banner was and why we celebrate the 4th. No fireworks though :*(

These last two pics are for my mom!




Accomplishment Day 1: Explore without a guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment